Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Part of your apron!


So my kiddo and her cousin absolutely love the Little Mermaid. It's pretty sweet since that was me and my sister's favorite movie when we wee growing up, too.
Well, we had all of the paraphanalia for our room: sheets, comforters, drapes, towels, etc. and when we were old enough all of our stuff got put away and basically never seen again.
I, feeling nostalgic, found the sheets and was too excited! And my niece's birthday is this weekend, so what I decided to do was make her an apron out of those sheets. It will be such a sweet surprise for both her and her mommy!

Anywho, here is my daughter modeling the "new" apron (with many gratuitous super-hero shots):




Here's a little bit of the detailing on the apron. I put little eyelit stars and wavy "waves" all around it and anywhere the pattern called for topstitching.  I used Simplicity pattern 3949.
Thanks for taking a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment