Monday, July 4, 2011

Whimsical Note Catcher

So I created this note catcher for my mom for her birthday and I absolutely love it! It's super cute, functional, space saving, and I already had everything when I got the idea to do it, so it was free!


I bought some push pins a while back and they came in these packages where they were pushed into this brown foam. I saved the foam because I thought to myself "hey! You might use that some day!" And I totally just did. Anyway, hot glued four of them together  before adding fabric over the top. I had this creamy lace and added it to the edges, pinching and twisting at the corners (If you cut at each corner, the lace will fray and look just terrible), before twisting up a ribbon to look like a flower or star and sticking a pin in it to keep it on and in shape. The hanging ribbon I just glued to the back at a length I felt appropriate. The push pins are just plain ones that I glued buttons to the top of.

If you are looking for a type of foam to do this with, I think JoAnn's has some that you can cut down to size and make a bunch out of it.



I really like this because it has a sweet vintage feel to it without being overwhelming and it's small, only 6" square, so even if your walls are covered, there should still be a little bit of space for it.

I hope you guys like this and if you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment.
Have a Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment